Monday, May 16, 2016

Bridesmaid Dress

I am a bridesmaid for my good friend L. We are at less than 2 months until the big day, and I need to get off my butt and make a bridesmaid dress. When I asked what she had thought for the dresses (there are SIX of us), she sent me a picture of a color. Dark teal. Guess what color isn't popular for early summer?

(*sigh) It's a beautiful color, but difficult to find at the moment. But I ordered some fabric from Denver Fabrics, and am working on a pattern. I believe I'm going to use this 20s dress:


I'm going to use view A, and have a side zip and a clasp on the left shoulder, so that the whole top of the gown will open up. I'm going to have the undergown be more of a sheath than shapeless, and I will use the little flounces as is, but with a sheer. I'm hoping it'll be cute and fluttery. But I'm going to make a wearable muslin and we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment