Thursday, August 6, 2015
AKA my least favorite thing to do in the entire world. So I'm working on a wearable muslin of the final pants pattern for my partner, and if something can go wrong, it is going wrong. Firstly, I apparently added the extra 'flap' fabric to the wrong half. No bigs. It just meant that I installed a zipper wrong last night. I threw it on the floor and went to bed. This morning, I figured I'd get in there with snips and remove the wrong zipper. Did so, and that was when I realized that I had cut the fabric out wrong. Not worried, I don't really care which side the zipper flap is on. Nearly sewed the wrong side of the zipper to a pant piece, but caught it in time. I had the image in my head from when I had sewn it the opposite direction and nearly repeated the stitching. Finished the zipper and just going to topstitch the flap when I realize somewhere in all of the shenanigans, one side is higher than the other. Thanks. Topstitching is crooked. Very few fucks were given. Bar tacks look clean. I apparently am incapable of putting the zipper where it needs to go, and wound up adding THREE INCHES of room due to faulty zipper application. I'm not taking the zipper back out. Took one inch or so out with the darts and will take the rest out at the side seams. I'm all happy with the front pieces, finally, when I realize what's next. Back pockets. ...Y'know, I have zero problems with patch pockets on these pants. I'm gonna cheat and do patch pockets. Bam. Will be done easily.